About Sea & Silk Events
The Story of Sea and Silk
Sea and Silk started in 2017 and from there we have grown to a wonderful team of 4 who work hard to make our clients’ dreams come to life. Our services have grown along with our team! We now offer planning services, unique rentals which are always growing, and an environmentally friendly foraged floral service.
Our focus is personalized, and unique weddings. We are here to create, visualize, and guide you through your planning process. We are here to make your planning process seamless and stress-free!
As seen in:
Meet the Team
Owner and Lead Planner
Hey babe, I’m Amanda! I run the show here at Sea and Silk Events, and I’m so excited to help you plan your wedding! Wedding planning and designing is my absolute passion and I often find myself day-dreaming about my own job. Fashion and design are two things I have always been drawn to and I love using these as inspiration. I’m a graduate of Algonquin College’s Event Management Graduate Program, and started working in the wedding industry as a Special Events and Weddings Manager before founding Sea and Silk.
- I am addicted to tacos and nachos.
- Hilary Duff is my celebrity girl crush.
- I ADMIT IT: I love Taylor Swift and am actively waiting for all the future “Taylor’s Version” albums to come out so I can sing off tune very loudly to them all.
- I recently started journaling and I LOVE the positiveness it provides my life.
- Bare feet over shoes, always.
Wedding Assistant & Wedding Coordinator
I have always loved events, gatherings, decorating and planning. I am an artistic person and creative expression has always been a part of my life.After completing my post graduate degree in Recreation Therapy, I went on to work as an Event and Lifestyle Director in Retirement Residences. Seniors sure love their events, so that is ultimately when I started to realize, “Hey! I’m really good at this!”. My dream of planning and designing weddings began. I am a sucker for romance! I completed my certificate for Wedding Coordination and began working alongside some amazing vendors in the industry and networking. Last season (2021), I met Amanda with Sea and Silk Events and I worked as Amanda’s assistant to start off. I finally felt “This is what I am meant to do!”.
I love a moody romantic boho wedding vibe. I want your wedding to be memorable, fun and stress free! I want your day to be everything you want, so building trust is essential. My goal is to make you comfortable leaving it in my hands. I am at my best when I am inspired, so learning about a couple and their dream wedding is important to me.
Lover of events, art, golf, baking, and of course wine. I am a sucker for true crime but you can also catch me watching Rupaul’s Drag Race with a glass of Cab Sauv any night.
- I am a painter that loves music, dancing, and singing (I have even sung at a few of my friends weddings!).
- I play recreational sports with friends and take dance classes!
- I want to own a pet pig someday.
- I am SO ready to get out travelling again!
After graduating from the Event Management program at Algonquin College and planning my elopement, I knew my heart belonged in the wedding industry! What I love most about weddings is that I can help you on such a memorable day in your life.
I love unique looks that you wouldn’t think go well together yet they do! It warms my heart to know that I can take care of all of the little things so that you can enjoy your special day. I also love to see everything come together – the colours, textures, shapes, and floral pieces.
Florals (obsessed actually), long hikes with my dog, and camping.
- I have gone surfing on the East Coast and am dying to go back.
- My husband and I eloped this past year at Algonquin Park. Yup! We hiked up a trail and said “I do” over a canyon right before sunset.
Rentals Manager & Amanda’s Emotional Support Husband
I studied Commerce and presently work a full time job while helping out with Sea and Silk Events. I am proud of Amanda and all she has accomplished and as her husband I want to support her in any way I can. Since I am not a wedding expert or designer I support her by doing the heavy lifting and managing our rentals.
- I had no idea what our wedding was going to look like until I showed up.
- I love music and have over 500 records.
Fantasy football, hockey, beer, board games, our puppy Frodo, and camping